Click here for a comprehensive diary of South East Cornwall events.
Our neighbouring towns and villages are all within easy reach of Polperro. The fishing port of Looe is within a few minutes’ drive (or just a few hours’ walk along the South West Coast Path). And there are lots of lovely seaside and riverside villages within easy reach too.
Famous Cornish attractions
Every part of Cornwall is within easy reach of Polperro and two of the Duchy’s top attractions are within one hour’s leisurely drive:
Click here for a map of Cornwall’s other great attractions.
The National Trust in Cornwall
The Polperro area is blessed with many fine beaches, coastal walks and estates owned and protected by the National Trust. Click the links below for details of those near Natal House.
- Cotehele House and Garden
- Cotehele Mill
- Fowey Estuary to Pencarrow Head
- Lantic Bay and Lansallos
- Polperro, Looe and Whitsand Bay
Click here for details of all the National Trust properties in Cornwall.
- Chapel Cliff Walk
- Polperro to Fowey
- Polruan to Polperro Rollercoaster Walk
- South West Coast Path – Looe to Polperro from Looe Station
- South West Coast Path – Polperro to Portwrinkle
- South West Coast Path – Par to Polperro
- Plymouth Citybus Route 73 – connects Polperro to Looe, Liskeard and Callington
- Plymouth Citybus Route 72 – connects Polperro to Looe, St Germans, Saltash and Plymouth
- Click here to view, print or download timetables for other bus routes in Cornwall and Devon
Looe mainline railway station is four miles away from Polperro and can be reached by bus. (See “Buses” section above.) The scenic Looe Valley Line runs between Looe and Liskeard (12 miles away), which provides connections with InterCity GWR train services to the rest of the national rail network
- Click here to view/download the train timetable for GWR services on the Looe Valley Line between Looe and Liskeard
- Click here to plan train journeys to/from Liskeard mainline station or Looe